Booknotic Terms and Conditions
Who we are and how to contact us
The Booknotic.com website (“site”), application (“app”), products and services are the property of and operated by Booknotic Pty Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”). We are a limited liability company registered in Australia.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 01/10/2021.
We may make changes to our site and app
We may update and change our site and/or app from time to time to reflect changes to our products or services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
Specific Booknotic subscription terms
Booknotic’s subscription terms are currently $95 (inc GST), paid upfront for a 1 year subscription term. A Booknotic subscription provides the user with access to the complete Booknotic library. Booknotic reserves the right to add new books and remove books from the available library at any time, at its discretion.
Booknotic also reserves the right to change its subscription pricing and subscription term for new subscriptions, at its discretion.
If you are not satisfied with your Booknotic subscription and you inform us within 7 days of being charged, we will cancel your subscription and refund the full amount paid. To cancel your subscription and guarantee your refund, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within the 7 day period.
We do not guarantee that our site or app, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site or app for business and operational reasons.
We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
You must keep your Booknotic username and password to yourself and not allow anyone else to use your Booknotic subscription. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your username or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and app, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). All such rights are reserved.
The “Booknotic” name and logo are the intellectual property of Booknotic [and registered as trademarks in Australia and globally]. You are not permitted to use our trademarks without our written approval.
Please note that we only provide our site and app for domestic and private use. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you infringe our intellectual property or otherwise breach these terms, your right to use our site, app, products and services will cease immediately.
In accessing or using our site or app, you agree that you will not:
- use any automated device, software, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index our platform or any content on our site or app;
- use any device, software, process or means to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working on our site or app;
- undertake any action that will impose a burden or make excessive traffic demands on our infrastructure that we deem, in our sole discretion to be unreasonable or disproportionate usage;
- use or index any content or data on our site or app for purposes of competing with us in any manner that we have not specifically authorised;
- transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- use our site or app or any content from our site or app in any manner which is, in our sole discretion, not reasonable and / or not for the purpose which it is made available;
- violate the rights of any person, including copyright, trade secret, privacy right, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- pose as any person or entity or attempt to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person;
- act in violation of any term of use or other condition posed by us or any applicable law;
- transmit or attempt to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site; or
- attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We reserve the right to exercise whatever means we deem necessary to prevent unauthorised access to or use of our site, including, but not limited to, instituting technological barriers, or reporting your conduct to any person or entity.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site or app contains links to other resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those third party resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
Our site or app may include information and materials uploaded by other users. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or app or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site, app, products or services; or
- use of or reliance on any content we display.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; or
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site or app will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?